With 90% of consumers planning to shop online this holiday season, Cyber Week is the time for an awareness play to peak customer interest and capitalize on retail’s golden hour with an effective native campaign.
It’s no secret consumers feel a pinch in their pocket this holiday season. So this year, it’s more important than ever for creative to connect with consumers and engage with them personally.
Luckily, we’ve got insights to help you wrap up this year with a little extra holiday cheer.
Consumers across income segments use deals to spend more. And with dollars on the line, timing campaigns to reach your target audience is critical.
Deals will reach their deepest discounts during Cyber Week, with Cyber Monday, year-over-year, accounting for the largest single day for conversions. Despite macroeconomic trends, forecasts predict consumers will spend just as much as last year. 7 pm-11 pm PST on Cyber Monday are expected to remain the golden hours for e-commerce, with Adobe predicting $12M USD spent every minute from 8-9 pm PST.
But your consumers aren’t the only ones who deserve a deal. Check out our ETDs and get yourself a deal this holiday season.
Buy Now, Pay Later
For consumers looking to make their dollar stretch this holiday season, buy now, pay later (BNPL) services are particularly appealing. The top three reasons consumers will leverage a BNPL offer are:
- To free up available cash
- Purchase items normally out of their price range
- Purchase big-ticket items
If you’ve got a BNPL offer, now is the time to let your consumers know.
Plan for Your Shopper
Whether the pandemic is over or not, it’s imperative to have options that appeal to the whole spectrum of holiday shoppers. Here are some stats to help you prepare and time your campaigns:
- 1 in 3 shoppers will use curb-side pick-up this holiday season
- During the December holidays, 1 in 3 shoppers will use Buy Online and Pick-Up in Store (BOPIS), peaking Dec 22- 23.
- Free shipping is top of mind for your consumer, impacting whether or not they will purchase or abandon their cart
- Toys & holiday decor will continue to drive growth, with shoppers engaging with early promotions and late shoppers looking for last-minute gifts
- Electronics are slated to drive nearly one-quarter of total holiday spend, with sustained sales driven by discounts delivering soft growth YoY
- 1/3 of all consumers plan to buy home products as gifts
- Apparel will remain the #1 category this year. However, consumer spending is expected to drop by 25%
If you’re looking to get the most bang for your buck this Cyber Week, TripleLift Native outperforms Social with effective CPMs and lower costs. Want to learn more? Reach out, and we’ll show you how we can help.