In the wake of the war and the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine, stopping the spread of misinformation and preventing monetization of the websites behind it is critical. In response to those who would seek to spread misinformation or participate in information warfare, we have enhanced our safety measures.
- Added new filtering to our native language processing audit tool that leverages keyword detection to block creatives that are in violation of our policies. TripleLift does not permit creative that contains references to, or images of: war, weapons, or crisis and controversy marketing.
- Trained our human audit team to flag and block creative that contains images that would seek to capitalize on the conflict or spread misinformation related to the war.
- We are conducting outreach to all of our partners to reaffirm their commitment to our Exchange Supply Policies and Creative Ad Policies to ensure their cooperation in diligently monitoring content during this difficult time.
- Partnered with Adlightning to enhance the ‘Crisis and Controversy’ category to include ads that are seeking to profit from the war in the Ukraine.
- Updated our platform-wide blocklist to include a series of domains that Newsguard identified as either contributing to the spread of misinformation about the crisis in Ukraine or associated with propaganda organizations.
- NewsGuard has an extensive operation tracking state-sponsored disinformation by the Russian government. In fact, the NewsGuard ratings coupled with its Misinformation Fingerprints catalog is used by the US State Department’s Global Engagement Center and US Cyber Command of the Pentagon to track disinformation narratives and sources.
- In addition to the above, TripleLift will work with all of our partners to block any specific supply or creatives requested.If you have any questions or concerns our Marketplace Quality Team can be reached at email@example.com.
TripleLift is committed to stopping the spread of misinformation, propaganda, and hate speech. In order to stop the spread, it’s also critical that our entire industry rallies behind responsible journalism.
Responsible journalism is most critical in times of turbulence. A properly functioning society relies on reporters being able to separate fact from fiction and getting critical news out to citizens. That’s why TripleLift launched a curated package of programmatic ad impressions called Help Journalism. The initiative directs ad dollars straight to the news publishers bringing us the news and information that our society needs.
Join us in our endeavor to stop the spread of misinformation and support responsible journalism.
Learn more about our #HelpJournalism package here.